What Is A Backflow
A backflow prevention valve, also known as a RPZ valve, is a valve that is used to prevent the reverse flow of water from a potentially or contaminated source into drinking and potable water supply systems. Backflow protection is the mechanical system used to prevent pollution of the mains water supply, should backflow occur.
Who Can Service, Test And Certify A Backflow Prevention Valve?
- A licensed plumber, who has accreditation and is qualified in backflow prevention, is the only person permitted to service, commission, test and certify a backflow prevention valve, as per AS2845.1.
- We supply, install, commission, test and certify all models of backflow prevention valves.
- We provide quality testing and maintenance programs for valves of all makes and models. We will prepare and submit all backflow reports to the relevant authorities on your behalf.
- We only use genuine parts, from trusted suppliers, to ensure all servicing is carried out to the safest standard possible. Our test equipment is calibrated on a yearly basis.
Who Needs A Backflow Prevention Valve?
- chemical plants
- commercial swimming pools
- golf courses, and any organisation that uses lawn sprinklers
- most properties that have storm water storage tanks
- industries with fire sprinkler systems
- car washes
- restaurants, cafés, food prep organisations with a grease trap
- community/public buildings/amenities
- correctional services
- nursing homes
Annual Testing, Certification
All backflow prevention valves are required to be tested and certified at intervals not exceeding 12 months. On completion of an annual backflow test, a report outlining test results and valve performance will be issued to the property owner. The report will be submitted by us to the relevant government authority on your behalf. The report must comply with the relevant code relating to backflow prevention testing and commissioning.
- We can provide further assistance with backflow risk assessments and compliance paperwork, on request.
- We will schedule your backflow prevention valve, and advise you one month before the anniversary test/service date, to guarantee the valve remains in compliance and up to date with the relevant codes.
- We currently offer backflow prevention servicing, testing and certifying to existing domestic, commercial and industrial customers.
If you have any backflow prevention enquiries, please don’t hesitate to call us on 0418 633 633.